Possible problem with FFI in 3.9-7067 ?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 23 03:34:37 UTC 2007

Andrew Tween wrote:
> I've just tried installing from SqueakMap, but it is delivering the same install
> and packages as before.
> I've cleared my SqueakMap cache, but with the same result.
> When I browse SqueakMap in a web browser, I don't see any recent updates to FFI.
> Could you check that it is indeed updated on SqueakMap?

Right. I noticed that too. It seems like SM is too smart for its own
good - you cannot update a file on the server, you have to rename it. Ho
Hum.

After fixing that, I found that my fix still didn't fix it and your
actually looked better and better the longer I stared at it. What
convinced me was when I was running through the debugger to see what
happens when you don't bootstrap - the structure bit musn't be set or
else both the pointer and the non-pointer type look like structs to the
FFI (very, very bad).

Adding that fix and pushing an InstallFFI3 script to SqueakMap finally
solved it. Thanks for your help tracking this down.

Cheers,
   - Andreas