DEADLINE for Squeak contributor agreements: 1 May 2007

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sun Mar 25 01:54:44 UTC 2007

Hi Lex--

> Some of the names on [the initials-without-names and
> initials-and-names-without-email-addresses lists] leave me sad.  We
> have had many people contribute, and apparently some of them are just
> unknown to the current community.
>
> Anyway, please do not make major removals without making a second
> round of efforts to find these people.

     Ha! We're on the nth round already... but yes, I have no intention
of giving up on anyone, alive or dead.

> If it's someone who wrote one or two methods, okay just remove the
> code. If it's someone who contributed a large subsystem, though, then
> it is very likely that a little sleuthing will turn them up...

     We've already done much more than a little sleuthing, for several
months. And when I say "we", I'm referring to dozens of members of the
community.

> To that end, it would be nice if it were possible to post beside each
> missing person a number of method versions with that person's
> signature, if that is possible.  That way we'd all know who to focus
> most on trying to find.

     I can easily do that. So far I've held off because some people
thought showing the number of contributions each person has made would
result in hurt feelings.

     thanks again,

-C

--