[ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 95-2

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:01:00 UTC 2007

Squeak-dev image is an image made for squeak developers based on
Squeak3.9-final-7067.

If you use it, please tell me.

You can download it here:
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/

Changes in this version:
------------------------------

- Changes the documentation a bit.
- Updates the universe system (changes the distant server port from
8888 to 80 and fixes a crash).

But the real changes have been made in the universe. Lots of packages
have been added and updated.

Starting from this version, you will be able to update your image
using the Package Universe Browser (in the Open menu). Just update the
list, choose to select all upgrades and then click on install.

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Choose your packages

Future work:
----------------

- Wait for feedback.
- Base squeak-dev image on Keith Hodges 3.9.1.
- Think about a new way of versioning the image. This is because
currently, the version is based on the Monticello repository version.
However, the big updates/changes now happen in the universe directly
and I don't have to touch the source code anymore. That's why this
image is named '95-2' and not '96' or something else: the source code
didn't change.

Please tell me what is your experience with this version. Please tell me
what you want for this image, this is for you.

--
Damien Cassou