Squeak's Summer of Code applications: 25 students, 34 submissions

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Tue Mar 27 16:37:43 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Applications for the Google Summer of Code 2007 are now closed.

Squeak received a total of 34 valid submissions from 25 students, much
more than what I expected, this being our first Summer of Code and all.

All the applications seem interesting, and in the coming days we mentors
will review and evaluate them. On April 11th Google will then publish
the name of the accepted students. Unfortunately, the number of accepted
students will be less than 25.

While we wait for April 11th to know the names of the lucky winners, I'd
like to thank all the students who decided to apply for a Squeak project
and all the mentors who volunteered for this task and who helped many
students with their applications. Thanks, all!

	Ciao,

		Giovanni