Fastest way to mock up web UI?

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 16:07:34 UTC 2007

I think it might be worth pointing out that Pier may be an option and is
used by many, such as lukas for their personal websites.

Looking at the components of a web site.

Content:
    text, files, images can all be entered and uploaded using the
website itself.
Style:
    At present the stylesheet is stored in a class, served as a set of
files, and can be edited directly. (I have done an 'edit style via
website' experiment too.)
Layout:
    The layout is defined as an assembly of other embedded components or
pages and can be edited via the website at: /seaside/pier/environment.
For example I replaced the header component with my own picture, this is
trivially easy to do.
Nice urls: Pier supports sensible bookmarking

This is just the starting point, for any more complex stuff, seaside
components can be embedded, magritte is part of the base package, and
there are many other plugins such as rss, blog, two security models etc.

best regards

Keith