Squeak-dev/Squeak-web image v95-2

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:31:55 UTC 2007

> 1)  Is there a preference to disable CornerGrips on SystemWindows?  I
> would rather resize with any frame as the handle.  There is a preference
> to disable grips on panes, but not on the window as a whole.

That's part of the new UI design of 3.9.

> 2)  Is there a preference to disable auto-completion of strings, comments,
> blocks, etc?  I would rather not have it type a closing " for me when I
> type my initial ".  Already there is a keyboard command in Smalltalk for
> me to put these in there if I want to.  But I don't.  :)

There is a setting called ecompletionSmartCharacters in the preference browser.

> 3)  I want my left-arrows back :)   No more underscores!  Can I get these
> back?  Or are they gone for good with 3.9?  Please, say it ain't so.

The left arrow is dead. The syntax highlighter has some preferences
for that, but I don't know what they exactly do:
syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeAnsiAssignement and
syntaxHighlightingAsYouTypeLeftArrowAssignement.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch