[ANN] FreeType Plus release

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 00:51:29 UTC 2007

Hi Brad,
> Some alternative ideas:
> * Category Based:
>  - Cascading Lists: (http://designinginterfaces.com/Cascading_Lists)
>  - Closable Panels (http://designinginterfaces.com/Closable_Panels)
> (which is similar to the tree-table)
>
> * Helpful navigation builtin to the selection:
>  - Jump (http://designinginterfaces.com/Jump_to_Item)
>
> *Alternative Selection:
>  - Create a "My Fonts" selection that contains either the fonts the user
> has selected recently, or ones that he selected manually to be in the My
> Fonts set.
>
> * Show All - I've seen menus where ALL the font names are shown. Takes
> up the whole freakin' screen. Scary, but you see them all.

These are all great ideas.
I look forward to seeing your implementations of them in Squeak ;)

(I'll do something with the font menus myself. Eventually. But if anyone doesn't
want to wait for 6-12 months to see some results, then dive in and have a go at
writing the interface that you would like to see).

Cheers,
Andy