The Weekly Juan #10: "Cheap, High Quality Fonts in Squeak"

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue May 1 19:36:45 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,

Dan, I remembered about your technique to OCR Sanskrit text, using
histograms of pixel values for rows and columns. Leandro Caniglia told
me he learned it at your place on Squeak 10th anniversary. This allowed
avoiding the need to mark the bmp files manually. Now, creating nice
looking StrikeFonts in Squeak is fast and easy! Your work is always so
enlightening!

I updated http://www.jvuletich.org/Squeak/Misc/AAStrikeFonts.zip . I
also replaced copyrighted fonts with 6 sizes of Bitstream Vera, free of
any legal issues.

Enjoy!

Juan Vuletich