Developing with traits

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:51:05 UTC 2007

To develop with traits, everyone needs good tools. Here is what I use and miss.

I develop with:

- last omnibrowser version.
- omnibrowser commands to create new traits based on template.
- omnibrowser fixes to help browsing traits (ctrl+b on a trait name,
ctrl+f to find traits).
- dynamic protocols to know what is required, what is local...

All of those above points are covered in squeak-dev images.

What I miss:

- new refactorings for trait.
- current refactorings corrected.
- global view of classes/traits as in an UML diagram.
- a way to view from where this method comes from if I select it in a class.

--
Damien Cassou