Harvesting Float Interval - questionable feature

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Wed May 2 18:36:41 UTC 2007

Damien Cassou a écrit :
> 2007/4/30, nicolas cellier <ncellier at ifrance.com>:
>> What is your opinion about the fuzzy inclusion?
>
> You are probably the only expert for that domain :-)

Very kind. I hope not.
Squeak floats were written well before i ever got interested in.
My job is limited to some polishing.

And my question is about thoughts behind current implementation and
eventual use in some application, both beyond my expertise.

That's a general problem in Squeak (and sure in other open source projects):
- why this implementation ?
- why this feature ?
It's not written in the code, as legible as it can be.
It could eventually be in SUnit TestCase with good comments.
Unfortunately, the answer is often only in the mind of few persons.
But i don't want to open a thread on documentation again...

Nicolas