[ANN] Documentation for Omnibrowser

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Thu May 3 11:31:48 UTC 2007

2007/5/3, Derek O'Connell <doconnel at gmail.com>:
> The original image is squeak-dev 95-2 updated a few times, so I did
> not install OB but simply updated it along with other packages. Have
> to admit to a bit of confusion since the Package Universe Browser
> shows the following installed (and the fact that until this doc was
> posted I ignored OB altogether):
>
> OmniBrowser 0.337
> OmniBrowser-Full 0.7
> OmniBrowser-Morphic 0.5
> OmniBrowser-Standard 0.183
> ShoutOmniBrowser tween.5
>
> Things I may actually have installed include: null, DuoSystemBrowser,
> VPVideoMorph, MultiColumn Lists, OSProcess, RIO, GraphViz, FSM,
> Connectors... I think that's it :-0
>
> Happy to help you track down what has happened but since my Squeak/ST
> experience is patchy a bit of hand-holding will be needed.

I think the problem comes from the upgrades. In fact, OB has changed a
lot since 95-2 and you have different implementations loaded together
in your image.  I sent a mail about this. I would advice you to use a
more recent image (http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev).

Even with a new image, upgrading OB is currently not a good solution.
This is because at least two installed packages (DynamicProtocols and
OmniBrowserFixes) overrides some methods. Upgrading OB would then
remove those overrides. I don't know what I can do for this :-(

--
Damien Cassou