Cédrick ENIT cbeler at enit.fr
Thu May 3 13:15:24 UTC 2007

Hi...

I still have a problem when loading .st files.

It takes a very very long time... causing me not using squeak because I
just can't load anymore any packages !

I noticed it with monticello... where the loading phase is blocking at
the "snapshotting method" moment...
Even loading,  MCRepositories.st (which was instaneous before) takes
ages....

Do you have any idea of the origin of this problem ? I'm lost...
It's happening since I installed windows XP (all updades included)
- to me, it has something to do with some primitive opening/writing
files...  hitting cmd+. brings the debugger to the method register... I
also saw the method forcing the writting in the changes files...

Do you have any idea, direction ?

Thanks

Cédrick