How does the quick scroll work in OmniBrowser's columns?

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Thu May 3 14:41:12 UTC 2007

On 03/05/07, subbukk <subbukk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In OB you can hit a key with the mouse over a column and the selection
> > will go to the 1st item whose name starts with the letter you typed.
> > Quickly typing a few letters will jump to the 1st item with that
> > prefix.
> I find it easier to pick items from a pop-up menu or list when the cursor
> iterates over items that starts with the key pressed (like in file managers),
> rather than treat the key as starting a filter. Perhaps, being a typist, I

That's what I mean, pressing a key X means "go to next item starting
with X". You can press repeatedly (slower than some threshold I
suppose), and it will cycle through items starting with X.
If you type XYZ quickly (faster than said threshold) it will take this
as the prefix. As far as I experimented it's not a filter.

--
Damien Pollet
type less, do more [ | ] http://typo.cdlm.fasmz.org