Towards 3.91

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 6 14:53:59 UTC 2007

stephane ducasse wrote:
> keith
>
> if you issue 3.9.1 may be this should not only be a list of fixes but
> creates new packages and
> be added to the scriptloader that we used for 3.9. This way this will
> be consistent with 3.9.
>
> Once you have a list of fixes I could try to produce a new image with
> the packages versioned in the 3.9
> repository and a cs in the update stream.
>
> Stef
Dear Stef,

This was the plan. For the plan see http://squeak310.pbwiki.com

This list of fixes is used to generate 3.9.1alpha-test via a script.
Then all the changed packages are updated to a repository, and loading
these packages into 3.9 is used to generate 3.9.1beta-release-candidate.
I would appreciate help with the latter part of the process which I have
not done before. I hope that the fixes to monticello (still in progress)
will make this MUCH easier. I also hope that it can be automated, so we
can iterate a couple of times if need be.

best regards

Keith