Towards 3.9.1 What's going on here?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 21:42:19 UTC 2007

Towards 3.9.1 What's going on here?

Hi Edgar.

How long does it take you to do one iteration of a
release?

How often did you run into situations where you had to
redo a release?

Of these what percent were due to problems in creating
the release?

And what percent were due to problems with the
submitted fixes not working correctly once they were
in the release?

How long after doing a release step did it take for
you to become aware of these problems? (Answer a range
of times shortest and longest)

***
>  Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
>  Sun May 6 20:14:26 UTC 2007
>

>  El 5/6/07 4:18 PM, "Jerome Peace"
<peace_the_dreamer at
>  yahoo.com> escribió:
>
>  >2) Is there a simple and faster way to do release
>  steps?
>  I always said what old style change sets, but is
not
>  what we agree use on
>  3.10.
>  Steph said what is the only way what all could
discover
>  shortcomings in
>  Monticello.

So the release team has chosen to both be responsible
for the release and a test bed for Monticello
limitations? Ouch.

>  One more time, in Mantis I have fixes/enhancements
what
>  could go into 3.10
>  via cs but no via Monticello.

Fixes to both changesets and Monticello so that they
can interoperate are of the utmost priority.
Especially since release teams are being saddled with
the extra burden of doing everything through
Monticello.

>  No need of a complete release for solve this.
>  Only what need is take 3.10, modify Installer
mantis
>  createRBforBug: 6089

You lost me here. What code do I need to look at to
follow what you are saying?

And once you get the fixes in you could then save
monticello package(s) that encapsulate the sequence of
changes you made with changeset? Or would that be
impossible?

>  When have a .mcz with the change what 3.10 could
load
>  via Monticello
>  Browser, I do a motion for give a medal to winner.

Bronze star or Purple heart? :-)

P.S. As always thanks for keeping it fun. -Jer