Towards 3.9.1 . Away from What?

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun May 6 21:51:46 UTC 2007

El 5/6/07 6:24 PM, "Simon Kirk" <squeak at simonkirk.com> escribió:

> It has struck me for some time that Mantis and posts to the list together
> contain a *lot* of useful fixes and suggestions that spend a long time
> there, not being incorporated into a downloadable image. Many of the fixes
> are very important. I submit that while it is easy for experienced
> Squeakers to file/MC these fixes into their images, or incorporate them
> into their own dev environments, it is not easy for somebody new to do so.
>
> I think the 3.10 effort would benefit from seeing some of these fixes it
> may wish to use incorporated into an interim effort with public visibility:
> this will give real user feedback on whether the fixes are viable or not,
> without the need for a lengthy 3.10alpha/beta (at least for those fixes),
> and importantly exposure to users whose relative lack of Squeak experience
> may well lead to feedback on those fixes that those more skilled with
> Squeak may not have found.

Ralph put some pages into swiki http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5919 " The
3.10 release " for any could see what we try to do.
See also http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5934 "List of Mantis issues ready to
be included in 3.10"
I dig into Mantis and put some what I think fills the requirements.
If I don't put more fixes/enhancements is for :

1) No test
2) Some question to report by a master Squeaker
3) The reporter is not answering some question what I send from Mantis.
4) Problems with Monticello what I could't solve until now. The actual
process requires what all should be of the form:

A nnnn.cs with only a Postscript what tell what .mcd  or .mcz the image
should load of 3.10 repository goes to ftp .
The user only need push the "load code updates" button of the Squeak flap.

The image after this load should have all test green.

Edgar