[Newbies] Display artifacts in comments/desc.

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Mon May 7 10:14:34 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 7:12 pm, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> El 4/30/07 10:22 AM, "subbukk" <subbukk at gmail.com> escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I see some artifacts (like []) displayed in comments and descriptions in
> > Squeak (3.7-7 vm on Linux, 3.8 image and SqueakV39.sources). I suspect
> > the '\r' line terminator in the *.sources file could be causing it.
> >
> > Is this a bug?
> >
> > TIA .. Subbu
>
> I think what could be eliminated if you do Smalltalk removeAllLineFeeds.
>
> In Mac , I found this often.

Squeak3.9 handling of CRLF sequences in sources file is defective. Squeak3.8
image correctly strips of LF in CRLF while reading in text from
SqueakV3.sources file. For instance, editStartPage method in Scamper uses
CRLF in SqueakV3.sources file but its Text in codepane strips out LF.There is
a typo in my original request. It should have read "3.9 image and
SqueakV39.sources.

BTW, my original mail should have "3.9 image and SqueakV39.sources". Sorry for
the typo.

Regards .. Subbu