Equality of Recursive Structures [Was: Closure Compiler in 3.9 ?]

sig siguctua at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:08:21 UTC 2007

On 10/05/07, Mathieu Suen <mathk.sue at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only case that somone write this is that aClass is abstract.
> ottherwise is like
>
> [true] whileTrue

its ok until you execute it. Stack gets checked when you running
something, not when you simply keep it on the shelf.

> What do you mean by deal?

I mean that detecting repetitive patterns is hard to implement, if not
impossible. And given example why.

Smalltalk is not functional language, so there is no ways how to
detect a recursion without running a message.