[Ann] Nile 0.8.0 available

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Sat May 12 07:06:37 UTC 2007

Hi Bill,

2007/5/12, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu>:
> The pipe/composition features are interesting.  I would strongly urge
> you to have something like
>
>    | in |
>    in := NSReadableCollectionStream on:'hello'.
>    in next:20.
>
> signal an error.  #nextAvailable:20 would answer a truncated string w/o
> error.  Since you are creating new stream classes, IMHO, it makes sense
> to match their behavior to the other major dialects.

I already asked a few month ago what would be the best solution to
handle errors. Nobody agreed. So I decided to follow the ANSI
standard: problems like this are unspecified. Even the standard guys
were unable to make any decision :-(

Now, if people start to agree on a specific behavior, I would really like that.

What do other people think?

--
Damien Cassou