[ANN] Monticllo Update

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun May 13 11:59:25 UTC 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 14:00 , Keith Hodges wrote:

> Dear Edgar,
>
> I am sorry but you appear to have found what I think is called a
> minor bug, the host string is not matching the persisted string for
> some reason. Simple bugs like that can be fixed in a moment.

The problem is that the password always has been per-repository
rather than per-server-authentication-realm ... It asks you once for
each repository, and if you have many of them this gets rather
"annoying" (but not "horrible" -- I hope you'll forgive Edgar, me,
and other non-native writers that sometimes our words do not exactly
come across as we intend to).

IMHO this is not a "simple" bug but rather that we need a better
theory of HTTP authentication in Squeak.

Anyway, I haven't had time to look at your merging, but thanks for
doing this!

- Bert -