[Ann] Nile 0.8.0 available

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon May 14 13:08:51 UTC 2007

2007/5/12, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu>:
> Damien,
>
> The pipe/composition features are interesting.  I would strongly urge
> you to have something like
>
>    | in |
>    in := NSReadableCollectionStream on:'hello'.
>    in next:20.
>
> signal an error.  #nextAvailable:20 would answer a truncated string w/o
> error.  Since you are creating new stream classes, IMHO, it makes sense
> to match their behavior to the other major dialects.

I thought about it however there is a problem. When you have a
gettable stream, you don't always know how much elements remain in the
stream. You are then obliged to read all elements before you know if
there was enough or not.

This is a problem because once read, the elements may not be available
anymore. So, if the method signal an error, all elements that have
been read are lost.

--
Damien Cassou