[Ann] Nile 0.8.0 available

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon May 14 20:12:28 UTC 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> If you are concerned with portability - we have had good experience
> with Michael's URI package. This lets you use URIs throughout and
> not worry about platform paths.
>
> - Bert -

In Sophie we use the URI package thruout, nothing is a string, all
URI objects.  Then we just ask the URI object for a UTF8 or  binary
stream, it looks after the messy
details, is that a file, a ftp, or http address, and we've even a URI
sophieStream:  that lets us denote a memory mapped storage system
where we read/write temporary items for specialized cases.

===