[ANN] Monticllo Update

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue May 15 06:16:24 UTC 2007

Hi Keith!

First of all - great work! I haven't yet tried it, but just at the sound
of your announcement this seems like quite a nice work through.
And regarding team work etc - I must say I also thought Edgar's post was
rude - but on the other hand, for us non-native-english speakers "shit
happens" so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, to my real point - feels slightly odd to give feedback without even
having tried your code BUT:

Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> So I changed MCPasswordManager to be on a per-repository-host basis. I
> figured that would be ok until someone complains. I dont see a need to
> have multiple squeaksource accounts, but someone might disagree with me.

I just wonder what the above means... I use pureFtpd on my server on
which I have several repositories - mostly under different ip-names like
mc.gjallar.se, squeak.krampe.se etc. But they all point to the same
server. And then pureFtpd offers "home directories" for its users, so if
you access it with username "banana" (and pass) you can end up in a
different repo than if you use username "orange".

If I interpret you correctly I will not end up in trouble if I use
different ip-names for these repositories, but if I don't, then it gets
weird, right? Since in my setup you get to a different repo (a different
directory on the server) based solely on the username.

regards, Göran