To keep := instead of forcing automatically a _ for assingation

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 09:17:53 UTC 2007

Hi,
> I look forward to when both of these options are removed from the
> standard image.

Those options are not part of the standard image; they are added by Shout, and
Shout is not part of the standard image.

> Then it will do what it always should have, nothing.
> Just keep what the user typed.  Until then, unchecking both of them
> will do just that.

In recent releases of Shout, the default values for those preferences are both
unchecked (i.e. preserve what the user typed).
I wonder if the original poster is using an old version of Shout? (or perhaps an
image that has contained an older version of Shout in the past).

Does anyone know what the plan is for 3.10?
Is := to be the only allowable assignment operator, or will _ still be
supported?

Cheers,
Andy