Smoothing Squeak's usability barriers

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Tue May 15 21:12:45 UTC 2007

Stef,

	ok you can have that attitude if you want but A) you're not getting
my point or B) you want to evade the point with the sarcasm.

	I think I didn't wrote that with that lack of clarity, did I?
Anyway.. suposing that is the case A what is going on here, let me say that
I wasn't talking about improvments in tools nor the environment. They are
what they are and I'm the first user/promotor of them. I was talking about
transmitting how is *the squeak experience of using them* to people.

	Also what happened to me does not matters at all here. In fact I had
great support if that is the case. What matters is that we can try to cover
the gap for the new ones.

	So.. I only wanted to transmit the message that it seems to me that
lots of veteran squeakers here has very valuable experiences to write down
and publish and we can encourage them to take a few minutes and use texts
editors a little more in the benefit of all.

	As writing books is a very challenging taks, I proposed something
much more feasible: blog articles. It even can help to make the public
understand the difficulties that developers suffers lots of times alone,
prevent useless criticism, etc. That would be friendly, cost modest efforts
make people more popular, do more debate gymnastics so promote better
Smalltalk, and in fact bright just because what they do or what they have
done.

	Is not about silly autopromotions, it's about sincere share of
experiences. The kind of sharing I'm talking about is the share that adults
can do preserving the very nature of the share that Mitchel Resink Scratch
BBC's news show to us all today.

	cheers,

Sebastian Sastre
PS: Stef, also note that when a case B occurs in a situation like this, does
not matters why or by whom, it is acting like a knowledge barrier for
Smalltalk itself.