[Setools] Programming with Traits...

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed May 16 09:09:55 UTC 2007

2007/5/16, Bergel, Alexandre <bergel at iam.unibe.ch>:
> Sorry for this recurrent issue. But I would like to program with
> traits. Is there any tool available so far ?
>
> Last year, I proposed few minor extensions to OB to enable creation
> and use of traits. I could revive them if necessary.

Hi,

I recommend using the last squeak-dev beta image and to update your
image every time a new image is announced. This is because Mathieu
Suen and I corrected some very annoying bugs for traits.
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/beta/

All the tools I'm using are included into the squeak-dev images:

- OBSystemBrowser to browse your code (available in open...->image
browser, or directly in the tools flap on the right)
- DynamicProtocols to know which methods are required, which one conflicts...
- new trait template and new class template commands. Available when
right clicking in the second pane (after having created a first
class).

That's all

--
Damien Cassou