Notes app

Brian Rice water at tunes.org
Wed May 16 15:42:06 UTC 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 8:10 AM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> Brian Rice wrote:
>> If you find that interesting, you should also check out the Faure
>> interface over the basic PDA model there:
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/Faure.html
> I don't understand what Faure is. Can you explain briefly? Is it a
> collection of tools to create applications that would eventually be
> used
> on a resource constrained device?  (I read the notes on squeaksource,
> but I'm still don't understand.)

Yes, more or less. The idea is to start with the basic UI of an iPod-
like device, being able to navigate in four directions and using a
single-column browser to accomplish basic navigation. I kind of think
of it as a single-pane OmniBrowser even if it isn't actually
implemented that way (yet?). If a touchscreen or keyboard is present,
it would also take gestures and clicks.

I would *like* the notes system to have a browseable keyword-tagging
system, probably overlaying a Magritte-based model instead of the PDA
class, but Magritte proved to be somewhat daunting to learn, despite
being very interesting.

My contracting career focussed me elsewhere in the last two months,
so progress has slowed, but I intend to return to it. (Speaking of
which, I need to collaborate with Aaron Reichow again about his
touchscreen UI work.)

--
-Brian
http://briantrice.com