Sound stuff

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed May 16 16:59:52 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I did the following in a workspace:

rec := SoundRecorder new
rec recordLevel: 1.0.
rec samplingRate: 22050.
rec samplingRate.
rec clearRecordedSound.
rec resumeRecording.
rec pause.
rec playback.

The audio that came out was much faster than the recorded sound and
has a lot of reverb. I dimly remembered something about reverb from
my first Squeak experiments, so I tracked down the
AbstractSound>>play and saw that SoundRecorder is used for playback.
I turned off reverb in SoundRecorder and that worked, but I still
have the issue of the speed of the recording...

I got the SequentialSound out of the SoundRecorder and used wrote out
a wav file:

sound := rec recordedSound
sound storeWAVOnFileNamed: 'foo.wav'.

Which also plays back much faster than the recording should. Anyone
have any ideas why there would be this mismatch?

Thanks!

Brian