[Ann] Nile 0.8.0 available

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed May 16 17:41:33 UTC 2007

Stef,

Hurt you in what type of work?  I am far more concerned about silent
truncation failing to raise an (in-context) alarm than I am about having
to test my code to ensure that it works in all relevant cases.  In my
view, there are ways (#nextOrNil, #nextAvailable:) to allow truncation,
it is simply never done w/o consent from the programmer.  Would that
have worked for you?

Regards,

Bill

=========
stephane ducasse wrote:
Bill

I cannot reply exactly but I can tell you that some of the choices of
VW to trhow an error
when at the end of a stream deep down in the library hurt us (roel
and me long time ago and this is really bad).

Now I will let damien take into account your feedback

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254