#fixObsoleteReferences question

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu May 17 17:27:36 UTC 2007

On 17-May-07, at 10:19 AM, j blatter wrote:

> I was ironic, guessed you will catch that.

I hoped it might be but you would be astonished how often it is
suggested - or worse, tried - by people that insist on treating
Smalltalk as one of those dead languages that need manual memory
allocation and freeing.

> What I'm actually looking for is for real answers to the problem
Find the object(s) holding onto the obsolete objects. Somewhere,
something considers the object(s) important. Ending up with a lot of
obsolete references is usually a signal that some class got removed
improperly or at least at a bad point in the sequence of whatever you
were trying to do.

tim
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is
research.