Smoothing Squeak's usability barriers

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Thu May 17 20:31:46 UTC 2007

JJ,

	yes, they are, and they are very very good, but you don't think that
an attitude like that is beign some kind of conformist? I mean, to find that
reasonable is to find reasonable the fact of leaving just as they are all
the gaps they haven't covered yet of useful things that can be done with a
Squeak system. So let's forget conformism.

	My guess is that here are many others that can, with modest efforts,
write experiences as valuable as Ramon and Lukas do but talking about other
interesting subjects. At first does not matter too much the media/software
used as long as it is proven to provide easyness of access to information.
For instance, reading a blog only requires a browser and internet. To work,
this stage needs to be pragmatic.

	People does not necessarily has bright because they surpassed
successfully super complex problems with their virtual models, off course
that deserves it's merit, but also because they have succeeded in the
comunication process of transmitting the value of the experience of have
done some technical stuff that is valuable to others with a minimum of
affinity of thought. And note that in the long term that fact can be one key
factor in the survival or propagation of that piece of software or it's
results.

	So let's evaluate the attitude of doing our part in supporting this,
that for instance should mean not producing inhibition, to initiatives of
people that may be almost ready (one never really are) but has the attitude
to go ahead and talk the better that they can at that moment to more people
what are being done here and it's results. That is Smalltalk+communication
value to me.

	All the best,

Sebastian

TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507