3.10 image snapshot artifacts - Solved

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Mon May 21 04:26:53 UTC 2007

On Sunday 20 May 2007 9:44 pm, Andrew Tween wrote:
> Hi,
> It also happens on windows.
> The ThumbnailImage morph that is created is 1 too small (possibly due to
> the border?). If you inspect it, and evaluate...
>     self extent: self extent+1
> then the blurriness disappears.
You're right. The missing pixel annoyed me like a dripping faucet :-), so I
traced the whole creation of snapshot. Finally, I caught a suspect:
Morph>>duplicateMorphImage: evt
	..
	dup := self asSnapshotThumbnail withSnapshotBorder.
	dup bounds: self bounds.
	..
the second line should read "self fullbounds" since Morphs add a 1px border
along bottom-right to its underlying image forms. The fix cleared the
artifacts for menus and submenus. But for SystemWindows, it yields a Morph
with an 1px extra line along the top. The (fullBounds origin y) appears to be
less by one two, so I am not sure if this is the right fix. Can some Morphic
experts confirm this bug?

Regards,
Subbu