Dynabook hw cost

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue May 22 18:32:03 UTC 2007

If you witness the battle between say OLPC and intel classmate I
think the problem is the vendors just want to push out
yet another windows laptop.  Even Apple had to fight to convince
people that laptops could come in other colors than Black.

I wonder if we would still be lugging about telephone book sized
black laptops because that represents the less risky path.

On May 22, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Brad Fuller wrote:

> Craig Latta wrote:
>>> My question was open-ended to allow others to describe what they
>>> feel would represent the best in dynabook hw.
>> Ah, but you said the current stuff is unacceptable in various
>> ways, which to me says that you have some magnitudes in mind that
>> *would* be acceptable. I always like to know where the finish line
>> is when someone says we haven't reached it. (Usually it turns out
>> that there isn't one, people are just never satisifed. :)
> I should be more accurate here. What I mean is that I haven't seen
> an acceptable Dynabook. But, I do believe the hardware parts are
> available today to construct such a beast. (plus, I'm never
> satisfied...)

===