Monticello and overwriting a selector temporary

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu May 24 08:57:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

sometimes I need to change some code of squeak or of a
module I'm using. Monticello is great for doing this.
By just labelling the method category to *mymodule.
But then if the change gets obsoleted (other strategy, module
is fixed) I remove the method category. This leads to the
method being lost. Monticello recognizes that the method
has been removed since the last version and removes it.
Is there a best practice to do this without being this harmful?
This is very annoying if you are developing with other people
which easily can oversee the removal.

Norbert