Wouldn't it be better for the board to have its own mailing list?

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 03:04:49 UTC 2007

Wouldn't it be better for the board to have its own
mailing list?

a delayed response to:
the <Towards 3.9.1 . Away from What?> thread.

Hi all,

Wouldn't it be better for the board to have its own
mailing list for collecting agenda items?

Rather than rely on squeakpeople for communication.

Squeakpeople is a poor mechanism for communication.
The difficulty in using it is reflected by its sparse
use.

I had looked at the messages on squeak people breifly.
Decided the agenda post was too out of date to be
relied on and fell back on posting to squeak-dev where
most of the attention is given.

Personally I find it deficient even in the most basic
of things.  Users can not even update their own
password.

It's unique function is validating apprentices,
journeyers and masters. And that is only exciting
around election time.

A board mailing list might provide a better mechanism.

***
>Towards 3.9.1 . Away from What?
>
>Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
>Mon May 7 18:02:26 UTC 2007
>

>On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 20:10 -0700, Craig Latta wrote:
>> Hi Jerome--
>>
>> > I am disappointed in the board for leaving a
vacuum
>> > around an this issue. So I have brought it up
here.

>>      You should also bring it up as a board meeting
agenda item[1], so
>> we can do something about your disappointment.
>
>+1
>

>>      Personally, I'm against people deciding on
their own to make

http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/64.html

>Craig:  This article is no longer even on the front
page.  Perhaps every
>3 months or so you could post a new call?  Maybe
including a quick
>summary of past discussed issues (since the last
call), or maybe just
>links to the posted Board meeting summaries.

***