Something odd in squeak-dev-beta-123? , (was Re: [BUG] in FT2Handle class >> deregister)

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Sat May 26 08:14:27 UTC 2007

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Cassou" <damien.cassou at gmail.com>
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: Something odd in squeak-dev-beta-123? ,(was Re: [BUG] in FT2Handle
class >> deregister)

<snip>

> > Why would a class var of a newly created class be initialized to an
> > IdentityDictionary, rather than to nil?
>
> What happens in a stock 3.10 image? I guess the problem comes from a
> bug in 3.10.

You are right.

The Undeclared global in Squeak3.10alpha.7105 contains an entry for Registry.
This is caused by TTCFont class>>registry referencing a class var (Registry)
that has been deleted.
It can be fixed by evaluating...

    TTCFont class removeSelector: #registry.
    Undeclared removeUnreferencedKeys.

This then allows the FreeType Plus package to load without error.

Cheers,
Andy