VM crash with image 3.9

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 27 16:29:03 UTC 2007

On 27-May-07, at 2:51 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> 2
>
> If I understand correctly, my algorithm uses far too much memory and
> this memory is never GCed.

Although in this particular case on this particular machine might be
triggered by a very high usage of memory space it is not the cause of
the underlying problem. If by chance you machine/OS/memory layout
happened to allocate Squeak's object memory starting at 2gb - 2mb and
you loaded even a small image you would be in danger; as soon as your
objectmemory address space *crosses* 2gb it is a problem.

tim
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go
by." Douglas Adams, R.I.P.