SqueakMap crashes in 3.10 beta.7158

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Nov 1 12:51:41 UTC 2007

Hi!

Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Also, this only seems to emphasize the complementary nature of Universes
> and SM. If, say, Universes would use SM as their "backend-storage" you
> could have your cake and eat it too: Sets of community-tested packages
> that are available for one-click install, and "all code ever written for
> Squeak" available on SM for historical or porting purposes.

I have always viewed a Universe to be "more or less" a sub collection (a
list really) of specific *releases* of packages that is collectively
maintained by a smaller (smaller than the whole Squeak community - and
possibly just being a few people) team.

Given that definition I always felt it could be represented by a new
co-maintained SM artifact that is simply just such a list. If I an
Giovanni (plus hopefully one or two more?) get around doing SM3 then I
suspect we would include such a concept.

regards, Göran