Kom question (was Re: HttpView2 1.1-beta available on Squeak Map)

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sun Nov 4 21:46:06 UTC 2007

Il giorno dom, 04/11/2007 alle 21.51 +0100, Jason Johnson ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed in the newest version of TcpListener that you changed the
> listen code from binding on all ports to only binding on localhost
> (127.0.0.1).  What are the reasons for this?  It is hard coded, so I
> have to either change the code or set up a local address translation
> rule.

That's a change that comes from Ron Teitelbaum's packages. Ron's package
comment says that this change was suggested by Adrian Lienhard.
Probably the best would be to have it listening on localhost only by
default, and have the user explicitly tell it to listen on all
interfaces. Would that work for you?

	Ciao,

		Giovanni