ScheduledControllers - is an UndefinedObject !!!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 5 00:03:28 UTC 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 07:30:13PM +0100, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> theo schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to Squeak ST and am trying to create some views using MVC.
> > I found a sample and I've tried to run the following in a workspace
> > and get and error see below test/error...
> >
> > Do I need to initialize ScheduledControllers  and if so how?
> You probably tried this in a workspace within Morphic.
> In Morphic, there is no ScheduledControllers thing.
> As Jerome already wrote, executing it in a MVC project should work.

Theo,

In order to get into an MVC environment, do (world menu)->open...->mvc project.
This will create a new project. Click on the newly created window to
enter the project, and you will then be in an MVC environment.

Most Squeak users nowadays use Morphic rather than MVC. When you open
a new Squeak image, you will be in a Morphic project initially, so you
have to create an MVC project and enter it before ScheduledControllers
and other MVC things have any meaning.

The MVC environment is pretty badly broken in recent Squeak images. It
does not work at all in Squeak 3.10. It does work in 3.9, but probably
not very well. If you want a good solid MVC environment, you will
want to download an older image, such as 3.8 or 3.6. Squeak 3.8 is
still widely used by many people, and if you are really interested in
MVC it's worth downloading a 3.6 image. You'll be pleasantly surprised
at how fast it is.

Dave