[Q] Linux and localAddress

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Nov 5 16:20:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 22:44 +0000, Gary Chambers wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice to be able to enumerate the actual interfaces though...
> and route things to a particular one. We generally have to disable net.eth0
> to allow gprs connections... and then manage multiple modems manually.

What do you want to do? Switch network connections or use several
network connections simulatenous? To select your gprs link you
could us OSProcess/CommandShell to invoke a command which switches
the default route. You can do this anytime. Using multiple connections
simultaneously is not easy but doable. Have a look at:

http://www.clintoneast.com/articles/multihomed.php

Hope this helps?

Norbert