Money units

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Nov 6 17:40:38 UTC 2007

On 6-Nov-07, at 8:31 AM, Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>     has anybody tried to use the Units package from squeak map for
> monetary values?
>
>     I'm trying this Units package and the Avi Bryant's Money package
> I've found in squeaksource
>
>     any general tips for dealing with currencies?
It's a particularly tricky problem since the relative values change
frequently, rapidly and chaotically; honestly I would prefer to claim
that money is not really a Unit in any meaningful way. Units are
really defined values with defined relationships to other derived and
founding units. Currency is a medium of exchange with variable ratios.

tim
MIPS:  Meaningless Indicator of Processor Speed.