Development Tool

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 06:49:25 UTC 2007

2007/11/8, Alejandro Gonzalez <mrgonza78 at gmail.com>:
> By duplication I meant:
>   aParseTree equalTo: anotherParseTree exceptForVariables: #()
> I don't know if this implies the same byte code on both methods, does it?
>
> And about dynamic protocols...it shows me the duplicated methods
> between a class and its super classes. What I'm looking for is
> something that tells me what are the duplicated methods in a
> collection of classes not necessarily related by hierarchy.

I don't know about any tool about that but you can code it if you
want. Something like:

(yourClasses
     inject: Bag new
     into: [:bag :class | bag
                                  addAll: class methodDict values;
                                   yourself])
       valuesAndCounts

This gives you a dictionnary with compiled methods as keys and the
number of duplication of each method as values.

--
Damien Cassou