OT - Mailing List Admin question

viking brickviking at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 07:23:45 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller writes:

> Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
>> I get about 100 spam messages a day!  Very annoying.
>>
>> I have the notifications emailed to me it's a bit easier to check that way,
>> for me at least.
> I do the same thing. Wow, I guess I"m not getting as much as others.
> Probably about 20 a day.
> There should be a way to have all the msgs from non-registered users
> discarded and then automatically added to the "ban" list, but I don't
> know how.

Although you probably don't totally want to ignore non-registered users, as
occasionally you'll get posts from people who really _are_ on the list, but
aren't using their normal email address - I've been struck with that malady
on odd occasions, as I have six email addresses.

Just my $0.02 worth.

--
The Viking,
Flying Brick Systems