Smalltalk and Java

SmallSqueak smallsqueak at rogers.com
Sat Nov 10 14:40:25 UTC 2007

Hi Alexandre,

Congrats and thanks.

It is even much more appreciated if you can add an option to bootstrap from
(Little) Smalltalk source files.

I know, only retards would talk about source code and files ;-)

NO, don't mean Timothy Budd's original idea of bootstrapping from source is
retarded ;-)

Maybe he would regret that he would never be able to claim that his Little
Smalltalk has been alive for decades since it was born! And no other images were
created from HIS image !

On the other hand, if Little Smalltalk has been alive since it was born then,
from real life experience, there would be a very slim chance "to invent the
future".

Oh, I almost forgot. My second request is to see some trait of Traits in Athena
;-)

To be honest, I don't really know about Traits but if Guy Steele put Traits in
his Fortress (with references to the Traitors as well ;-) then Traits is
something that deserves some good mouthing ;-)

Cheers,

PhiHo.