Smalltalk and Java

SmallSqueak smallsqueak at rogers.com
Sun Nov 11 10:00:38 UTC 2007

Talking of Timothy Budd, I really like this:

</QUOTE>

Whenever I teach a course there always comes
a moment as I'm reading the textbook
where I say ``you know, I think
I could write a better textbook than this''.
The unfortunate thing is that this is true
even when I am using my own book!

</QUOTE>

To paraphrase this in context of (Little) Smalltalk:

<PARAPHRASED for Communication purpose>

Whenever I teach a course there always comes
a moment as I'm using a programming language
where I say ``you know, I think
I could write a better programming language than this''.
The unfortunate thing is that this is true
even when I am using my own programming language!

</PARAPHRASED for Communication purpose>