An interesting view on social groups and their problems

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 16:48:58 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 5:50 PM, Laurence Rozier <laurence.rozier at gmail.com> wrote:

> A careful look at the history Java seems to indicate otherwise. Java didn't
> replace C++ in the business world because C++ never got rooted there outside
> of engineering and embedded apps.

A careful look at every big business I have worked with says
otherwise.  The organization I'm at now is in fact half way into this
transition from C++ to Java.  Granted my conclusions are based on a
very small subset of the IT industry.  I assume your conclusions come
from the "Smalltalk Reloaded: Bits of History From the Golden Age"
article?  Perhaps this was the case, but the fortune 500 orgs I've
worked for all were doing C or C++ and slowly moving toward Java.