An interesting view on social groups and their problems

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Nov 11 19:25:44 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:08:30 -0800, Jason Johnson
<jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the thing with Dolphin is that it was by far the most beautiful
> Smalltalk on Windows.  I don't think the buyout is so much about
> keeping it out there as a platform, as it is about having the write to
> take the GUI code and move it to e.g. Squeak.  Dolphin was far
> superior to any system I have ever seen for building GUI's and that's
> what people don't want to see lost.

Why would people think that the GUI would be especially portable? Isn't
that part of why Dolphin was Windows-only?

I haven't done it myself but every time I've run into someone who has
tried to take a Windows-based GUI and port it to something more universal,
there has been grief.