Smalltalk and Java

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 20:20:09 UTC 2007

Cees de Groot wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2007 12:13 AM, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Yes, I understand the same. And I wish it were different...
>>
> Why - because Microsoft is The Bad Guy and Sun is The Good Guy?

No, it's because I need to run on a variety of platforms and I need
cross-platform libraries to work with. The last time I checked both
wasn't the case for .NET and both was the case for Java. Other than that
I don't care very much although MS' stance on Mono and patents does
nothing to convince me that the patent suits won't hit the fan at some
point.

Cheers,
   - Andreas