[Etoys] OLPC mass production started

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Mon Nov 12 07:42:55 UTC 2007

>   There are some other ways to get "some", such as Give Many:
>
> http://laptopfoundation.org/participate/givemany.shtml

I think the following (from the link above) looks interesting:

    *******

    Give 100+

$200 per laptop

. Donor designates where 60% of laptops are sent;
. OLPC sends 40% of the laptops to children in a country of our designation.

This means that for $20,000, I could designate where 60 machines are to
be shipped.  That way I could allocate some to my kids, and the balance
to their school.

My question: if I did this, when could I expect delivery of the 60
machines?  Best guess would be wonderful.

Nevin